Thursday, October 13, 2011

Holding Down the Fort



Dear B,

I'm happy for you and for your success at work. However, you've been traveling quite a bit and I miss you. We all do!

Sara's been lying in between your keyboard and your screen when I'm on your desktop (since you took the laptop and the iPad, thanks...jk), taking naps with me, and following me everywhere.


Jag comes up to me and asks for attention which is so unlike her.

No, I haven't called the cat lady about Bubbles yet. She's developed a foot fetish and now tries to ram down the door from the garage to our house. I think she wants to join our happy family. *SNEEZE**SNEEZE**SNEEZE!!!* Let's call on Saturday and say our good-byes.


I miss you a lot but I've distracted myself by working A LOT and cooking. Chicken Tortilla Soup from Eat Yourself Skinny. It is so delicious! I never boil chicken for anything but it worked very well. Tonight I'm making stuffed chicken with broccoli and swiss...since the only green thing you eat is lettuce. I worry about all the antioxidants your missing out on, MR.

Fall decorations around the house brighten my mood a bit:

Our yearly fall tabletop....with some of my crap laying around. Don't hate.

Pumpkins and decorations that you set up this year. I was probably working. Such a different story from last year around this time.

Thanks for hanging the orange lights. It definitely brightens up our living room.

I couldn't resist a trip with my mom to Bath and Body Works this year:
Pumpkin Caramel Latte is my favorite. I thought it would be homemade cookies because I love my baked goods.

The pumpkin that lights up...even though we don't have any trick or treaters! Remember when we lived in an apartment in Jax and you wanted to decorate for Christmas but I thought it was a waste of money? Glad I got over that one.

This has nothing to do with fall decor but I love our gnome. I guess you could say she kind of looks like a witch, who just happens to be a gator. It works. May she put a spell on our team soon please.

The sign says, "If packages arrive and I don't answer the door, please go next store"...wait a minute, is that next store or door? I think I just committed some kind of English langange butchery. Hopefully, the mail lady will understand.

This excites me more than anything right now. Hopefully, while I'm at work for 12 hours tomorrow a certain package will arrive. Then, we can play with our new toys when you get home.

Come home. Soon. A house full of felines and fall decorations just doesn't quite cut it without you.

Oh yeah, by the way, one year from today we will be walking down the aisle and exchanging vows. It will be just before our 10 year dating anniversary. Holy COW. Another anniversary to keep track of...; )

Love you! Have a safe trip and good luck finding a cab.

-Christy


No comments: