Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quickie Update

I wanted to do a quickie update. We have some severe storm and tornado warnings looming here in Florida and I'm hoping to not lose power. But if I stop posting for awhile, you'll know why. However, after living in Florida through many hurricane/severe weather warnings I'm pretty skeptical. If anything, we'll get some good rain, maybe some lightning and thunder, and spend some time out in our garage enjoying the show.

I had my first interview last week and decided to wear the black suit and blue shirt with my hair up. Thanks for the fashion feedback! I looked spiffy but for the first five minutes of the interview my voice was shaking profusely and so were my hands. I was SO nervous. It was my first choice school after all. I just hope that the interview committee understood that my reaction was because of how badly I wanted to be accepted into their program and not weakness or the inability to cope with stress. After years of volunteer work, post-bac work, finding my way through various jobs, paper writing, long nights up studying, stressing, stressing, stressing and trying to keep some semblance of a social life and a relationship (which has had it's up and downs through post-bac), I hope they can see through my nerves and realize how badly I want to be accepted to PA school.

Next week, I have two more interviews. I'll be traveling all around the state of Florida and I'm so giddy about staying in nice hotels with B. It's one of my favorite things to do. Oh yeah, and possibly going to a couple of nice eateries (is that a word?)..my most favorite thing to do with B.  I really hope I can be relaxed at these next two interviews and really open up to the committees. After all, they are just trying to get to know you and put a face to the stats.

In the mean time, I've been picking up a few jobs for the agency, washing our cars, doing my 30 Day Shred workouts everyday, tracking my calories, and keeping up with housework. Having a break between my first interview, and the next 2 interviews is an amazing blessing.

What is everyone else out there up to?

Well, time to hunker down!

No comments: