Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall decorating and piles of laundry

So I took the GRE on Monday and scored average on the quantitative and verbal. I'm still waiting on the writing analysis to come in the mail. I plan on getting my applications out ASAP (eeek!) and taking the GRE one more time next month. However, right now I'm taking a break to recover from my crazy sleep schedule (I got up at 5am on test day) and to catch up on gigantic piles of laundry. 

This morning I almost died at the new Hobby Lobby in my area. I am obsessed with it! I did some fall decorating. I want to do more but we're on a budget right now. So enjoy (and show me your fall decorations please..I like to get inspired)!

My centerpiece.


Close-up since that picture was a little dark. I like this arrangement because I could easily switch out the leaves and cranberries for Christmas garb, buy some red candles, and replace the pumpkin with a Santa Claus. The bad: It makes me want to buy festive plates to put on the place mats.



I love this! I've been wanting a glassware like this forever. Plus, cranberries, cinnamon sticks and some candles. Christmas ornaments are going in the glass later. P.S. Don't look at my nasty couch...I want a new one!


Candy dish. Don't eat the candies or the pretty colors go away.


Top of our dresser. Tea light-holder, cinnamon sticks in a glass vase, and a shiny pumpkin.



I put the rest of the cranberries and cinnamon sticks in a festive bowl on our side table.

This kind of shopping is too addicting for me. Back to the laundry.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's looking great!

BTW, I found your online Wish List for your birthday. I own one of the books you want, so maybe I could lend you that. Otherwise, I don't know specifically what to get you yet.

I really need to start another blog or actually write in my old one some more.

The Shabby Princess said...

I love your festive decor. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of putting cinnamon sticks in a vase!! Completely going to be doing this :)