Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Goodness

I made this recipe for my upcoming Gator football potluck party. It was stolen (I mean, borrowed) from another blogger who I admire a lot! She just had an adorable little girl and thus has been absent from the blogosphere for awhile. I miss her posts but it's understandable. I hope to hear from you again, High Heels and Sweatshirts and thank you!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


Use these ingredients (see link for recipe).


Lots of ingredients. Don't worry, it's worth it.


Preheat the oven and don't forget to grease the pan like I did. Combine pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, sugar, and eggs. Stir until mixed.


Now doesn't that looking appetizing? I'm not a mom yet or anything but I assume that's what.....I digress.....


I'm infamous for assuming our powdered sugar is flour since we keep them both in unlabeled containers so here is a picture of me doing my taste test. This flaw of mine made for some interesting volcanic piles of what should of been chocolate chip cookies. I learned my lesson.

It's flour. Confirmed.


 Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves. 


Now just look at those gorgeous shades of brown and orange. I feel like I'm the cooking version of Bob Ross. Fall in a bowl, my friends.



Get back to work and stir. Add chocolate chips.

Scrap it all into your bread pan or cupcake pan if you prefer.


Now to make the topping.
In a small bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, cubed butter, and cinnamon.
If you happen to own a food processor that isn't currently broken, you can mix it in that until crumbly (another thing to add to my non-existent wedding registry). Or you can use a fork and join me for some manual labor until crumbly.















When it was about this consistency I felt it was crumbled thoroughly. I'm getting sick of the word crumbly.




Mix in oatmeal and chopped walnuts. I cut my walnuts more finely with a cutting board and knife.



Spread with spoon on top and cake and put in oven for 45minutes to an hour. When a toothpick or knife comes out dry you know for sure that it is done.


Rich and delicious. I hope my potluckers will love me forever.


Go gators!

No comments: