Thursday, July 8, 2010

Update/Vacation

I'm way overdue for an update. I hope you can find it in your one (or maybe 2) hearts to forgive me! At the end of June, I went on a week long vacation with B and my mom's family. I think the last time I went on a vacation was when I was a sophomore in college..I went to Sanibel with B's parents summer 2004.....6 years ago! This summer we went to Blue Ridge, Georgia and stayed in gorgeous cabin in the mountains. It was called, "Bearadise Lodge". This cabin was new and included three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a gameroom, a hot tub, an awesome porch with rocking chairs with a view, and a well-stocked kitchen. The owners of this cabin did not skimp, people! Check it out.




On top of the lovely accommodations and peaceful view, we did a lot of fun activities. We went gemming for the first time, explored a waterfall, river, and dam, and we went whitewater rafting. Let me tell you..whitewater rafting is so amazingly fun. It was very hot in Blue Ridge this June so I did not mind the cold, 50 degree water getting all over me.I was very proud that I didn't fall out of the raft but I did take a swim anyways (myself and this other young girl were the only ones that didn't fall out when we hit a level 4 rapid).  I cannot wait to go rafting again.


This vacation was exactly what I needed. We ate too much food, drank too much alcohol, and spent a lot of time on the porch with a cup of coffee or a beer. I'm so glad I made this vacation a priority and I want to continue to do so even when I go back to graduate school and we're on a tight budget. Since I've been back, I've been working out 6 days a week and watching my intake. I feel great. Working out helps my attitude makes it a lot easier to deal with work during the day.

In other news, I am desperately trying to convince myself to continue to work on my graduate school applications. I'm completely scared, freaked out, nervous etc. that I can't even get myself to work on them. I'm so afraid of not getting in. Of course, I'll never know if I don't try. I'm praying for faith in myself, patience, and motivation.

Even though times have been somewhat tough lately I am a lucky, lucky girl. I try to remind myself of that everyday.

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That looks like one heavenly vaycay spot! I'm headed to the App mountains in Clayton GA in a few weeks and I can't WAIT!