Sunday, July 18, 2010

Low Calorie Christy Bucks Frapp

After my workout today, I felt like rewarding myself. So I made homemade frappuccinos.  It's low calorie and delicious. Thanks Starbucks, but I think I'll hold onto my $5.

Homemade Frappuccino

-1/2 cup skim milk
-Strong brew of Starbucks Pike's Peak coffee (or whatever kind of coffee resides in your cupboard)
-Ice
-2-3 equal packets
-Lite cool whip (just a little on top)
-Hershey's syrup or chocolate shavings (I used 1 hershey's bliss dark chocolate but it's optional)

Blend milk, coffee, ice, and equal together in a blender. Add toppings as desired.

Disclaimer: It doesn't turn out exactly like a Starbucks frapp. Mine was super frothy and I think I didn't let my coffee cool enough before I blended it. I also had to add lots of ice to get it to the right consistency. It fit the bill though. Definitely took care of my chocolate/sugar/dessert craving.

Total calorie count with 1 hersheys bliss dark chocolate, 2 tablespoons lite cool whip, and 2 tablespoons hersheys syrup: 216 calories

Sometimes I'm just good...especially when it involves food/cooking baking. Sticking to my diet/exercising though and that is what's important to me right now.

No comments: