Sunday, April 4, 2010

Nothing like a fresh, new blog in the morning!

I'm starting this blog for two reasons. The first is that I follow a lot of other blogs and it brightens my day to hear about the lives of other young women in their twenties throughout the world. I can relate to so many of their feelings, thoughts, and hobbies (aka being a foodie, decorating, careers, working out, family, traveling, relationships etc). Also, it's easy for me to forget about the happy things in my life when I'm so busy coping with the not-so-happy things. I'm using this blog as an outlet to help myself realize how blessed I really am and to be thankful for everything that I have. I'm going to go ahead and the divulge that I got this idea from a blog I read called La La Lovely. This blog focuses on, "all the loveliest things in sight". It's instantaneous happiness and visual candy. Yum.

I hope that all my readers are aware that unfortunately, there are many not-so-happy going-ons in my life as well as happy. No matter who you are you've been through at least a few of these occasions. My focus is on getting through/improving upon these things while maintaining a positive enough attitude to appreciate the little things along the way.

For instance, this weekend I finally used the spa gift certificate that my boyfriend gave me for Christmas. It was a facial, manicure, and a pedicure. I love being pampered. Who doesn't?

This color is called, "Little Red Wagon" by OPI. I love it because it looks like it should be worn by a 50's pin up girl.

Also, I went to Target and got some gym clothes as well as this springy purse. I was getting tired of fishing through my old, oversized bag.


In other happy news, B and I are adding the final touches to our bathroom DIY redecorate. Here are some photos of bathrooms I found on the internet that inspired me. A lot of my motivation also comes from the blog, Starter Home to Dream Home. Her bathroom redecorate for her kids' bathroom really helped me to accessorize my bathroom. Now for some bathroom bliss:




I love beadboard! When I purchase a house one day there will be beadboard!


I absolutely love the lighting and tiling in this bathroom. It reminds me of a spa.


This bathroom is very homey and adorable. I decided that I wanted our bath to have a relaxing, beachy feel to it so I decided that my colors were going to be creamy yellow, blue, and green. Just like the sand, ocean, and some foliage. Here are some images I found with those general colors together:







Next post you'll get to see the before (ew...) and after pictures. B and I moved into a rental home this summer and we primed and taped the bathroom. Six months later it remained that way, because my boyfriend's dad was very sick with brain cancer. He peacefully passed away on February 26, 2010 surrounded by his family. We're still grieving but little things like a fresh, new bathroom distract us momentarily. I can't wait for you to see it! I feel like I should end this blog on a happier note. Happy Easter. I haven't had any chocolate yet today but I'm thinking about a cadbury creme egg...oh my.


No comments: